UK Money Transfer looks at reactions to the Eurogroup summit’s outcome
Written by Will Peters Tuesday, 21 February 2012 12:54
This morning the FX markets are reacting to the outcome of the Eurogroup Summit on Greece.
UniCredit tell the editorial team at UK Money Transfer that the outcome, "will be obviously the main driver today for FX majors. Nervous and choppy trading should thus remain of reference also due to a still very light data calendar."
Accordingly, UniCredit forecast that EUR-USD should hold gains, but acceleration above this year’s high at 1.3322 and then towards 1.3385 is unlikely due to the overall risk picture even after the Greece deal. On the other hand, heavier sales should occur only with a pullback below 1.3240 and towards 1.3144.
Looking at the Japanese Yen, the fact that USD-JPY broke even above the last October’s high at 79.51 suggests that sentiment remains negative for the Japanese unit now. In turn, this should help EUR-JPY break through the 106 area.
Optimism about Greece pushed the pound dollar exchange rate back above 1.5850.
Sterling should show a healthy tone for now, but a break above 1.59 will be neither easy nor quick. EUR-GBP should again struggle above 0.8350.
Meanwhile, commodity currencies, like the Canadian Dollar, benefited from optimism about Greece and the PBoC’s cut of the reserve ratio. Yet, soft Canadian retail sales today should spur a USD-CAD rebound back to parity.
Money Transfers for Property Purchases
Money transfers for property purchases comprise a huge chunk of business carried out by money transfer companies. The industry is prone to fluctuations in the value of the British pound suggesting people are only willing to make big calls on property purchases according to the ebb and flow of the exchange rate markets.
Get in touch with a specialist now to work out a strategy to minimise your risk and execute your money transfer the second your desired exchange rate is reached.
>> All about money transfers for property purchases, mortgages etc
Money Transfer UK | Latest News
- UK money transfer currency note: 2Q-2012 starts with currency majors struggling in tight ranges
- UK Money Transfer: How the big-boy currencies are expected to perform today
- FX Markets today: 1.30 wall will not tumble for euro dollar rate, new assault by pound dollar rate unlikely
- UK Money Transfer Currency Update: Greek PSI results to overshadow ECM and BoE meetings, EUR is currency market winner
- FX Markets Today: Traders take a breather after hefty falls registered in yesterday session, GBP-EUR and GBP-AUD hold ground
- Currency update: Markets turn sharply lower, Greek PSI results loom, EUR loses ground to US dollar
- UK Money Transfer: Exchange rate market outlook from Schneider FX, Iranian oil supply threat changes everything
- The UK Money Transfer FX View: UniCredit outlook note on EUR, JPY, GBP, USD and CAD
- UK Money Transfer looks at reactions to the Eurogroup summit’s outcome
- Buying a property overseas; how UK Money Transfer companies assist with buying real estate abroad
Get a UK Money Transfer Quote
Our partners at UK money transfer specialists
TorFX are here to assist you with your money transfer requirements between Europe and the UK.
Ask for your quote today.
As a secure FSA regulated payment provider they have access to over 40 currency accounts and can provide same day exchange transfers.