Currency update: Markets turn sharply lower, Greek PSI results loom, EUR loses ground to US dollar
Written by Sam Coventry Tuesday, 06 March 2012 15:49
UK Money Transfer: The foreign exchange markets have reacted to renewed fears concerning Europe, the net result is a sharply stronger US dollar as investors seek out the currency's safety.
UniCredit note that investors are waiting for the Greek PSI results and with economic data failing to have a drastic impact.
Dow Jones has crunched the PSI numbers and concluded that the take-up rate in the PSI will come in between 75% to 80%. So, below the 90% level that would mean the CACs wouldn't be needed, but above the 66% mark below which the CACs couldn't legally be triggered.
Reuters is reporting that all Greek banks will take part in the PSI
The EUR-USD is still close to 1.32, thus somewhat away from the key test of 1.3150, which would imply a rejection of the bullish trend that has been in place since January. Attacks and retreats should continue today.
The pound dollar exchange rate managed to ignore the softer-than-expected UK Services PMI and should now hold the line close to the middle of the 1.58/1.59 band. In turn, EUR-GBP should slide to the edge of the 0.83 threshold.
A weaker Ivey PMI survey today in Canada should not influence USD-CAD, thus leaving it below parity, but commodity currencies are enduring most China’s decision to lower its 2012 growth target to 7.5%.
The RBA kept the OCR steady at the current 4.25% and retained an easing bias. Less brilliant Australia GDP for 4Q11 released tonight may still weigh but not too much below 1.06.
Money Transfers for Property Purchases
Money transfers for property purchases comprise a huge chunk of business carried out by money transfer companies. The industry is prone to fluctuations in the value of the British pound suggesting people are only willing to make big calls on property purchases according to the ebb and flow of the exchange rate markets.
Get in touch with a specialist now to work out a strategy to minimise your risk and execute your money transfer the second your desired exchange rate is reached.
>> All about money transfers for property purchases, mortgages etc
Money Transfer UK | Latest News
- UK money transfer currency note: 2Q-2012 starts with currency majors struggling in tight ranges
- UK Money Transfer: How the big-boy currencies are expected to perform today
- FX Markets today: 1.30 wall will not tumble for euro dollar rate, new assault by pound dollar rate unlikely
- UK Money Transfer Currency Update: Greek PSI results to overshadow ECM and BoE meetings, EUR is currency market winner
- FX Markets Today: Traders take a breather after hefty falls registered in yesterday session, GBP-EUR and GBP-AUD hold ground
- Currency update: Markets turn sharply lower, Greek PSI results loom, EUR loses ground to US dollar
- UK Money Transfer: Exchange rate market outlook from Schneider FX, Iranian oil supply threat changes everything
- The UK Money Transfer FX View: UniCredit outlook note on EUR, JPY, GBP, USD and CAD
- UK Money Transfer looks at reactions to the Eurogroup summit’s outcome
- Buying a property overseas; how UK Money Transfer companies assist with buying real estate abroad
Get a UK Money Transfer Quote
Our partners at UK money transfer specialists
TorFX are here to assist you with your money transfer requirements between Europe and the UK.
Ask for your quote today.
As a secure FSA regulated payment provider they have access to over 40 currency accounts and can provide same day exchange transfers.