FX Markets Today: Traders take a breather after hefty falls registered in yesterday session, GBP-EUR and GBP-AUD hold ground
- Created on Wednesday, 07 March 2012 16:11
- Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 17:08
- Written by Rob Samson
According to analysts at Italian bank UniCredit, chart signals amplified the impact on FX majors of the big sell-off of risky assets that emerged yesterday.
UK Money Transfer notes that nervous and choppy trading should stay of reference ahead of the Greek PSI outcome tomorrow evening. We note both the pound euro and the pound Australian dollar exchange rates are trading flat.
Looking at the British pound analysts say the pound dollar rate was a casualty of the USD rally and it is still targeting the 1.5680-1.5640 area.
On the other hand, cross dynamics should lock EUR-GBP close to 0.8350 for now.
Elsewhere, the break of the key 1.3144 threshold generated a strong bearish signal for EUR-USD.
A positive Greek PSI result may offer some relief, but the margin for a further slump to 1.30 and below has now increased.
EUR-JPY tracked the EUR-USD fall and should now target 105 in the lack of a quick return to 106.80. In any case, USD-JPY should be able to contain losses above the 80 threshold.
As EUR-CHF is still stuck at around 1.2050 despite the tumbling EUR-USD, USD-CHF should climb even further ahead of a 0.93 target.
Looking ahead, the RBNZ should also keep the OCR steady at 2.50% tonight, but the sell-off of risky assets should weigh on the NZD. UniCredit doubt that new purchases may resume before the 0.8050 area at best.
Check back again tomorrow for the latest FX updates from UK Money Transfer.
Banks vs Foreign Exchange Specialists
Should I go with my bank when it comes to transferring money in and out of the UK?
You could certainly go with your bank when it comes to transferring money in and out of the UK.
However, as the Money Transfer UK comparison tool shows, you are not likely to get the optimum exchange rate.
The reason is because this is not a core area of traditional banking - where foreign exchange specialists are dedicated to moving money across borders and employ specialist 'hedging' techniques to do so, banks simply don't have the resources to devote to the retail client.
Simply put, they are not nimble enough.
Get a UK Money Transfer Quote
Our partners at UK money transfer specialists
TorFXare here to assist you with your money transfer requirements between Europe and the UK.
Ask for your quote today.
As a secure FSA regulated payment provider they have access to over 40 currency accounts and can provide same day exchange transfers.
Money Transfers for Property Purchases
Money transfers for property purchases comprise a huge chunk of business carried out by money transfer companies. The industry is prone to fluctuations in the value of the British pound suggesting people are only willing to make big calls on property purchases according to the ebb and flow of the exchange rate markets.
Get in touch with a specialist now to work out a strategy to minimise your risk and execute your money transfer the second your desired exchange rate is reached.
>> All about money transfers for property purchases, mortgages etc
>> Read More About The Various Money Transfer Strategies Here
>> Let us Introduce You To the Money Transfer Companies that Can Help You
Money Transfer UK | Latest News
- UK money transfer currency note: 2Q-2012 starts with currency majors struggling in tight ranges
- UK Money Transfer: How the big-boy currencies are expected to perform today
- FX Markets today: 1.30 wall will not tumble for euro dollar rate, new assault by pound dollar rate unlikely
- UK Money Transfer Currency Update: Greek PSI results to overshadow ECM and BoE meetings, EUR is currency market winner
- FX Markets Today: Traders take a breather after hefty falls registered in yesterday session, GBP-EUR and GBP-AUD hold ground
- Currency update: Markets turn sharply lower, Greek PSI results loom, EUR loses ground to US dollar
- UK Money Transfer: Exchange rate market outlook from Schneider FX, Iranian oil supply threat changes everything
- The UK Money Transfer FX View: UniCredit outlook note on EUR, JPY, GBP, USD and CAD
- UK Money Transfer looks at reactions to the Eurogroup summit’s outcome
- Buying a property overseas; how UK Money Transfer companies assist with buying real estate abroad