UK Money Transfer Company: UKForex - Moving money across the globe
- Created on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 12:34
- Last Updated on Friday, 29 November 2013 17:08
- Written by Sam Coventry
UKForex is part of the OzForex group of foreign exchange services and money transfer companies. The group is co-owned by Australia's Macquarie Bank, Accel Partners and the Carlyle Group.
The company has been around since 1998 and is registered with HMRC with Money Service Business number 12219180. UKForex is also authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FRN: 521566). >> Visit UKForex
Above: UKForex London offices
The money transfer company focuses on moving money across the globe for small and medium-sized businesses that import and export goods, as well as migrants transferring financial assets, expatriates repatriating funds, and individuals investing overseas.
According to UKForex, banks overcharge retail and SME business customers for foreign exchange and the service they provide to such customers is poor.
"It’s basically a disruption play," says Chief executive Neil Helm.
OzForex founder Matt Gilmour saw the vastly different fees and service that bigger companies received when transferring millions of dollars while he was running foreign exchange sales at Bankers Trust.
"He felt from his own experience in foreign exchange that those small to medium-sized enterprises are charged excessive fees," Helm says of Gilmour’s original idea.
The process was not transparent, it was hard to do. You had to queue up at a teller.
"He just thought there was an opportunity to use online internet-based systems that used technology to make that capability accessible to anyone at any place and time."
Registration is quick and easy. Access live customer rates, free tools and make international payments.
Banks vs Foreign Exchange Specialists
Should I go with my bank when it comes to transferring money in and out of the UK?
You could certainly go with your bank when it comes to transferring money in and out of the UK.
However, as the Money Transfer UK comparison tool shows, you are not likely to get the optimum exchange rate.
The reason is because this is not a core area of traditional banking - where foreign exchange specialists are dedicated to moving money across borders and employ specialist 'hedging' techniques to do so, banks simply don't have the resources to devote to the retail client.
Simply put, they are not nimble enough.
Get a UK Money Transfer Quote
Our partners at UK money transfer specialists
TorFXare here to assist you with your money transfer requirements between Europe and the UK.
Ask for your quote today.
As a secure FSA regulated payment provider they have access to over 40 currency accounts and can provide same day exchange transfers.
Money Transfers for Property Purchases
Money transfers for property purchases comprise a huge chunk of business carried out by money transfer companies. The industry is prone to fluctuations in the value of the British pound suggesting people are only willing to make big calls on property purchases according to the ebb and flow of the exchange rate markets.
Get in touch with a specialist now to work out a strategy to minimise your risk and execute your money transfer the second your desired exchange rate is reached.
>> All about money transfers for property purchases, mortgages etc
>> Read More About The Various Money Transfer Strategies Here
>> Let us Introduce You To the Money Transfer Companies that Can Help You
Money Transfer UK | Latest News
- UK money transfer currency note: 2Q-2012 starts with currency majors struggling in tight ranges
- UK Money Transfer: How the big-boy currencies are expected to perform today
- FX Markets today: 1.30 wall will not tumble for euro dollar rate, new assault by pound dollar rate unlikely
- UK Money Transfer Currency Update: Greek PSI results to overshadow ECM and BoE meetings, EUR is currency market winner
- FX Markets Today: Traders take a breather after hefty falls registered in yesterday session, GBP-EUR and GBP-AUD hold ground
- Currency update: Markets turn sharply lower, Greek PSI results loom, EUR loses ground to US dollar
- UK Money Transfer: Exchange rate market outlook from Schneider FX, Iranian oil supply threat changes everything
- The UK Money Transfer FX View: UniCredit outlook note on EUR, JPY, GBP, USD and CAD
- UK Money Transfer looks at reactions to the Eurogroup summit’s outcome
- Buying a property overseas; how UK Money Transfer companies assist with buying real estate abroad